On September 7, we will begin an eight-week preaching series entitled, The Gospel According to Pixar. For a number of years, Pixar has produced films that speak in new and fresh terms about the reality of life and the complexities of the human heart. The vast body of Pixar films is more than just children’s entertainment. The films make us laugh, cry, and think. Many of them are modern day folk tales that use monsters, fish, toys, and other fantastical characters to touch winsomely on universal and even Christian themes.
September 7 - Pursuing What You Really Need (Finding Nemo)
September 14 - What Makes us Incredible? (The Incredibles)
September 21 - The Power of Sacrifice and Service (Cars)
September 28 - Love Overcomes Fear (Monsters, Inc.)
October 5 - The Ripple Effect of Love (WALL-E)
October 12 - A Purpose in Life (Ratatouille)
October 19 - Remember Who You Are (Toy Story)
October 26 - The Freedom of a New Adventure (Up!)
To prepare us for the lesson on Sunday, we will be holding FRIDAY NIGHT FLIX for ALL AGES in the large fellowship hall each week at 7:00 pm. There will be a special theme for each movie to add to the intergenerational fellowship and fun and to support some worthy missions and ministries.
- September 5: Finding Nemo/Back to School-bring a box of tissues or a bottle of hand-sanitizer to donate to our teachers at local schools
- September 12: The Incredibles/Be a Superhero-donate children’s socks and underwear for the homeless K-12th grade children served by Project HOPE of W-S/Forsyth County
- September 19: Cars/Car Show-show-off your vintage, restored or favorite cars at 6:30 in front of the Columbarium
- September 26: Monsters, Inc./Pajama Party-wear your favorite PJs and try out your best scream in our contest
- October 3: WALL-E/Reduce*Recycle*Reuse-bring plastic grocery bags to donate to Clemmons Food Pantry and Sisters-In-Christ Backpack Ministry
- October 10: Ratatouille/Potluck Dinner at 6:00-bring your favorite dish to share and a canned good for the Clemmons Food Pantry
- October 17: Toy Story/Birthday Closet-bring a simple toy to share with the Bethel UMC Birthday Closet
- October 24: Up!/Adopt a Grandparent-bring small bottles of lotion, small tissue packets, and other items to share with residents of Homestead Hills and The Elms.
Mark your calendars NOW and plan to join your church family each Friday!